This montage represents the history of the Swiss Reformed Church in New Glarus, showing the three church buildings and the six pastors of the church up to the time the montage was created in 1930. The original log church was built in 1849 and was replaced by the white stone church in 1858. In 1900, the stone church was torn down and the current brick church was built. All three buildings were located at what is now the intersection of First Street and Fifth Avenue. The six pastors shown are (left, top to bottom): Wilhelm Streissguth (served 1849-55), John Zimmerman (1855-59), John T. Etter (1859-95), and (right, top to bottom): Anthony Roth (1896-1912), Gottfried D. Elliker (1913-26), Richard Rettig (1927-1942).