Mixed Materials; Microforms; Sound Recordings; Videos, Slides, Films
- 14.4 c.f. (36 archives boxes)
- 2 reels of microfilm (35mm)
- 2 tape recordings
- 4 disc recordings, and
- 2 films; plus
- 0.2 c.f. of additions
- Register to the processed portion
- Restricted: There are restrictions on the use of the film "Fiddler on the Roof."
- Papers of a noteworthy motion picture producer-director, chiefly comprised of materials relating to films made for Universal Studios and the Mirisch Corporation. Pertaining to such films as "The Cincinnati Kid" (MGM, 1965), "Fiddler on the Roof" (UA, 1972), "Gaily, Gaily" (UA, 1969), "Jesus Christ, Superstar" (Universal, 1973), "In the Heat of the Night" (UA, 1967), "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming" (UA, 1966), and "The Thomas Crown Affair" (UA, 1968) are correspondence, scripts, photographs, technical production information, contracts, reviews, clippings (some available on microfilm), financial records, and sound track recordings. Jewison's later films are usually well documented and the files trace each title from preproduction planning to distribution and publicity. In addition to the normal production files, the material on "Superstar" is of interest for its portrayal of Jews' role in the death of Christ. Filed with a group of protest letters from concerned Jewish organizations is one letter from Golda Meir.
- Also part of the papers are scripts, correspondence, and synopses for unproduced films; scripts and tape recordings for several television programs directed for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and various U.S. networks; general correspondence; and a documentary about Jewison as a filmmaker.
- The processed portion is summarized above and is described in the register. Additional accessions are described below.
- Portions are available only on microfilm.
- Portions presented and portions placed on deposit by Norman Jewison, Buckinghamshire, England, 1971-1978; film presented by the National Film Board of Canada, Montreal, Canada, 1972.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page