Mixed Materials; Sound Recordings; Videos, Slides, Films; Photos, Drawings, Prints
- 6.8 c.f. (16 archives boxes); plus
- additions of 3.0 c.f. and
- films, disc and tape recordings, and photographs
- Register to the processed portion
- Restricted: Holbrook's permission is required to view the materials in boxes 13-15 concerning his performances of "Mark Twain Tonight!"
- Papers of Hal Holbrook (1925- ), a Broadway and television actor, primarily relating to the development of his one-man show "Mark Twain Tonight!." In these diverse files are correspondence, financial records, Twain memorabilia and research, clippings, scripts and Twain stories, notes and drafts of a book based on his experiences, and files on merchandising this role in disc recordings, motion pictures, and television. The adaptations for other media include multiple scripts for a television version of "Roughing It," and scripts and routines used in Holbrook's night club act. General correspondence, diaries, clippings, and reviews of his other stage roles and other miscellaneous personal papers form the remainder of the collection.
- The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1942-1960, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date to 1994 and are described below.
- Placed on deposit by Hal Holbrook, New York, N.Y., 1973.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page