- 32.2 c.f. (81 archives boxes); plus
- additions of 2.2 c.f
- Register to the processed portion
- Papers of a journalist and writer for radio, television, and theater. The majority of the collection consists of scripts for radio and television. Although most radio files contain only one version of a script, the television materials include progressive drafts, together with correspondence and contracts. Among the best represented radio series are "Best Plays," "Doctor Six-Gun," "Five Star Matinee," "Hollywood Love Story," "The Marriage," "My Secret Story," "NBC Theatre," "NBC University Theatre," "Nick Carter," "Woman in Love," and "X Minus One." The television files include good coverage of Kinoy's work for "Big Story (NBC)," "The Defenders" (CBS), "Goodyear/Philco TV Playhouse," "Dr. Kildare" (NBC), "Naked City" (ABC), "The Marriage," "Our American Heritage" (NBC), "Roots" and "Roots: The Next Generations" (ABC), "Studio One" (CBS), the made-for-TV movies "Boston," "Chaplin," "Lincoln," "Magnificat," "Murrow," and "Skokie," and many other series and dramatic anthologies. Also present are general correspondence, stage and screen plays, and material on Kinoy's involvement in the Writers Guild of America.
- The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1948-1987, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date ca. 1940s-1960s and are described below.
- Portions presented, 1969, 1986, and 1989, and portions placed on deposit, 1979-1980, by Ernest Kinoy, Yonkers, New York.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page