Ground breaking by Father George Jentges took place on 6-24-49. On 2-20-1950 the pupils of St. Peter's School moved in. Charles G. Schmidt of Milwaukee was the general contractor. John A. Bruckrt and Sons, also of Milwaukee, were the architects and engineers. The building is comprised of 5 classrooms and principal's room with a music room and lavatories on the main floor. An auditorium with stage, a large playroom, a shower room, wardrobes and boiler room comprise the basement level. The school is 70 by 110 feet and was erected at a cost of $130,000, fully equipped with new furniture, desks and communication system. The total cost was $156,000. The design was made to accommodate a second floor at a later date.