Horse teams were used to excavate the site of the Dempsey Building, 102-108 North Eighth Street. Built between 1910-1915 by Michael H. Murphy, the building featured white glazed terra cotta tile as its exterior. The interior had mosaic patterned floors in a classical Greek style. The building later housed Hamilton Florists and others. The building seen across the street in the photograph is the Valesky Building.