Manitowoc, Wisconsin: Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company
Summary
The cover of the March 1946 issue of the "Mixing Bowl" shows the factory facilities of the Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company in Manitowoc and Two Rivers, Wisconsin, as they appeared during or shortly after World War II. In the upper left is Plant No. 1 at 1605 Jefferson Street in Two Rivers. In the center is Plant No. 2, the large "main plant" which occupied the north side of Washington Street between South 15th and South 16th Streets in Manitowoc. Its address was 1512 Washington Street. Below that is an overhead view of the rolling mill on the east side of South 17th Street between Franklin and Washington Streets, adjacent to and part of Plant No. 2. At the bottom left is Plant No. 3 at 2402 Franklin Street in Manitowoc, and at the bottom right is Plant No. 4 on Monroe Street between 13th and 14th Streets in Two Rivers. During the war, all of these plants were engaged in the production of a wide range of equipment for the armed forces, including airplane fuel tanks, radar parts, cartridge cases, canteens, and many other items. The "Mixing Bowl" was a 6" x 9" illustrated monthly publication that included news about the company and its employees.