Visual display of the MacWhyte factory employee at work

MacWhyte factory employee at work

  • ca. 1960-ca. 1969
  • A MacWhyte employee tests a wire rope’s capacity. Circa 1960s.
  • Founded in 1896 by F. B. Macomber and George Whyte in Coal City, Illinois, MacWhyte Company came to Kenosha, Wisconsin in 1912, where wire rope, aircraft cables, and tie rods were produced. In 1984, a MacWhyte Industrial Park was formed in Kenosha, covering a total of 30 acres. Multiple factors contributed to the decline of operations and the company closed in 1999.