Visual display of the Crown Hill (Towboat, 1886?-1932)

Crown Hill (Towboat, 1886?-1932)

  • BOAT DESCRIPTION: Sternwheel
  • BOAT TYPE: Towboat
  • BUILT: 1882 at Middleport, Ohio as the Rush; Renamed Crown Hill c. 1886
  • FORMERLY: Rush
  • BECAME: Rebuilt and renamed Kenova in spring of 1933
  • OWNERS: Crane Lumber Company; 1921: Captain Lew Tanner; J.W. Menke; 1932: Captain Birch McBride
  • OFFICERS & CREW: Captains William Bing, Kirk Culver and Pete Lallance; Captain William Tippit (Pilot)
  • RIVERS: Big Sandy River; Ohio River; Mississippi River
  • OTHER INFORMATION: Ways - T0626; The Crown Hill was long towed out of Big Sandy River and Cincinnati. J.W. Menke towed the Goldenrod showboat with her. Captain Birch McBride rebuilt her at Harrod's Creek, Kentucky in the winter of 1932-33. She was brought out and renamed Kenova in the spring of 1933
  • Crown Hill (A)

Details

Collection
Subjects
Local identifier
  • Neg. 8951
For Staff