The M. G. Madson Seed Company, 708-712 Commercial Street, was incorporated in 1892 with capital of $15,000. M.G. Madson was president, Charles L. Kunz was vice-president, and Cornelius Madson, who worked previously as Madson & Anderson in agricultural implements around 1880, was secretary-treasurer. Behind this seed growers company was F. Sixta & Sons, wholesale liquors, which is seen in the background of the photograph taken in the 1890's. In the foreground is a delivery wagon for the O. Torrison Company which was located one block west of M. G. Madson on Commercial.