Attributed to the Mount Shepherd pottery. This dish fragment was recovered at Philip Jacob Meyer’s pottery site at Mount Shepherd. He trained at the Moravian pottery at Salem but was banished from the community for persistent bad behavior in 1789. He worked briefly for Gottlob Krause at Bethabara before setting up his own manufactory in Randolph County. The flower represented on this fragment is an anemone.