The last of the “civilian” Nash automobiles rolls off the assembly line in 1942. A ban on civilian automobile production was issued by the federal government in 1942, which forced Nash-Kelvinator to turn all efforts towards manufacturing war materials. From left to right: William Kefes, William Riegg, Edward Ferch, Raymond A. DeVlieg, Joe Lelivelt, H. Bentz, Harry Costley, Patrick Little, E. Brunner, Merle Hagen, Ed Lindstrom, F. Milkent, F. Majdeski, A. Woodard, F. Malko, C. Schmidt, H. Stavenner, and Charles Strangberg. February 4, 1942. (Duplicate of 1577.)
In 1916, Charles Nash opened Nash Motors Company, which became known for its Quad trucks. It was one of many Kenosha automobile producers. Decades later, Charles Nash handpicked George Mason, Kelvinator Corporation president, as his successor. Nash Motors Company, Inc. and the Kelvinator Corporation merged in 1937. Nash saw the merger as a means of pulling Mason into the company. In the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation Charles Nash became chairman, George Mason became president, and the headquarters moved to Detroit, Michigan. Automobiles and home appliances were produced by this corporation until 1954.