The Nash/American Motors Corporation office building in 1996 after being vacant for several years. The Nash offices were located in this building on the southwest corner of 25th Avenue and 57th Street.
In 1916, Charles Nash opened Nash Motors Company, which became known for its Quad trucks. It was one of many Kenosha automobile producers. Decades later, Charles Nash handpicked George Mason, Kelvinator Corporation president, as his successor. Nash Motors Company, Inc. and the Kelvinator Corporation merged in 1937. Nash saw the merger as a means of pulling Mason into the company. In the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation Charles Nash became chairman, George Mason became president, and the headquarters moved to Detroit, Michigan. Automobiles and home appliances were produced by this corporation until 1954.
In 1954, Nash-Kelvinator Corporation joined with Hudson Motor Car Company to create the American Motors Corporation. Due to the drop in oil prices in the 1980s, the demand for AMC products was reduced and buyers went with foreign models that were less expensive. From the lack of income, AMC went downhill financially and was bought out by the Chrysler Corporation in 1987.