From 1190-1250 the church was widened by adding aisle and new piers for the arcade. The south arcade was built first with round and octagonal piers with shaped abaci. The north arcade has octagonal piers with simpler abaci. Both arcades have chamfered orders on the pointed arches. The chancel was rebuilt in the 19C according to the original design but the east deeply splayed lancet windows and wide chancel arch are original.