Taken from the intersection of Michigan Avenue and Revere Drive, this photograph shows the north side of the Manitowoc County Normal School at 1701 Michigan Avenue in Manitowoc, Wisconsin as it appeared during World War II. The summertime view shows trees near the building in full leaf. In front of the northwest entrance is a tall flagpole flying a U.S. flag. The photograph is labeled on the back in ink as "Manitowoc County Training School / 1943," but the more official name was Manitowoc County Normal School, or Manitowoc County Rural Normal School. Funded largely by state and county taxes, it offered a program of teacher training, primarily to prepare teachers for rural schools. In 1943 students who were Manitowoc County residents paid $1.50 for class dues and $10.00 for book rent for the entire year. Students from other counties also paid tuition. The Normal School later became the two-year Manitowoc County Teachers’ College.