Workers on parts assembly line at Nash Motors’ Kenosha plant. Circa 1952. Company photo no. 152283.
In 1916, Charles Nash opened Nash Motors Company, which became known for its Quad trucks. It was one of many Kenosha automobile producers. Decades later, Charles Nash handpicked George Mason, Kelvinator Corporation president, as his successor. Nash Motors Company, Inc. and the Kelvinator Corporation merged in 1937. Nash saw the merger as a means of pulling Mason into the company. In the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation Charles Nash became chairman, George Mason became president, and the headquarters moved to Detroit, Michigan. Automobiles and home appliances were produced by this corporation until 1954.