Dobson's report about the leper in Yeungkong 陽江, published in the China Medical Journal 1930, indicates that in Yeungkong 陽江, those afflicted with leprosy congregated at Wang Mu (The Emperor's Mother's Village) 王母. This village was merely a collection of small mud brick hovels and was situated about a mile from the east gate of the city on sandy, bare soil. The image shows the entrance to leper village. Doctor William Hervie Dobson visited this location every Sunday to preach to the lepers. At that time, he was treating 15 as medial patients, with 12 reported as "improving." The lepers were required to live and sleep outside the village, in boxes that cost $6.00 USD each. The C.E. (church?) sent him $30 USD for five boxes.