Kenosha Fire Engine No. 1 in front of City Hall and Fire Department, located at 267-273 Market Street (now 56th Street). Manufactured by Winther Motor Truck Company. Circa 1920.
Founded by Martin and Anthony Winther in 1916, Winther Motors created an assortment of trucks until 1923 when the demand for these vehicles declined. By 1923, the company was sold to a business that serviced these "orphan" trucks.