Visual display of the Hollow-ware fragment

Hollow-ware fragment

  • 1793-1800
  • Attributed to the Mount Shepherd pottery. This hollow-ware fragment was recovered at Philip Jacob Meyer’s pottery site at Mount Shepherd. He trained at the Moravian pottery at Salem but was banished from the community for persistent bad behavior in 1789. He worked briefly for Gottlob Krause at Bethabara before setting up his own manufactory in Randolph County.

Publication Details Click to collapse

Attributed name
Mount Shepherd pottery
Date
1793-1800
Description of Original
Lead-glazed earthenware
Location of Original
Mount Shepherd Retreat Center
For Staff
METS