MacWhyte employee family poses at the Family Portrait Booth during the 71st MacWhyte Family Picnic. St. Therese Picnic Area. August 11, 1979.
Founded in 1896 by F. B. Macomber and George Whyte in Coal City, Illinois, MacWhyte Company came to Kenosha, Wisconsin in 1912, where wire rope, aircraft cables, and tie rods were produced. In 1984, a MacWhyte Industrial Park was formed in Kenosha, covering a total of 30 acres. Multiple factors contributed to the decline of operations and the company closed in 1999.