The auditorium in Old Main was the social and entertainment center of the campus for decades. Events such as debate competitions, theater and musical productions, and Christmas pageants were held there. In 1929, the campus gathered to listen to the radio broadcast of President Herbert Hoover’s inaugural address. In 1935, the auditorium was the site of the first broadcast of Central State’s "College Radio Hour" on WLBL. With the completion of the College of Fine Arts building, and the addition of its two theaters in 1971, use of the auditorium declined. The University Film Society continued to show movies in the auditorium until 1976. An auditorium was not included in the remodeling plans of Old Main in 1977.