The Lily, the first newspaper for women, was issued from 1849 until 1853 under the editorship of Amelia Bloomer (1818-1894). It was published in Seneca Falls, New York and priced at 50 cents a year. It began as a temperance journal for “home distribution” among members of the Seneca Falls Ladies Temperance Society, which had formed in 1848. The Lily published its final issue December 15, 1856.
This permalink is a direct, persistent URL to the database that will always work and won't break.