Search the Catalog
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; produced by Arthur Freed ; story and screenplay by Adolph Green and Betty Comden ; directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen
- Format Videos, Slides, Films
- Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973
- Green, Adolph
- Comden, Betty
- Donen, Stanley
- Kelly, Gene, 1912-1996
- O'Connor, Donald, 1925-2003
- Reynolds, Debbie
- Hagen, Jean, 1924-1977
- Mitchell, Millard, 1900-1953
- Charisse, Cyd
- Fowley, Douglas, 1911-1998
- Moreno, Rita
- Rosson, Harold, 1895-1988
- Fazan, Adrienne
- Brown, Nacio Herb, 1896-1964
- Publication Special ed., standard version. Burbank, Calif. : Warner Home Video, c2002.
- 2 videodiscs (103 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- ISBNs 9780790765198, 0790765195
- OCLC ocm50762793
- Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds, Jean Hagen, Millard Mitchell, Cyd Charisse, Douglas Fowley, Rita Moreno
- Director of photography, Harold Rosson ; editor, Adrienne Fazan ; song lyrics, Arthur Freed ; music, Nacio Herb Brown
- "Silent movies are giving way to talking pictures, and a hoofer-turned-matinee idol is caught in that bumpy transition, as well as his buddy, prospective ladylove and shrewish co-star"--Container
Recorded in Dolby Digital surround 5.1, Dolby Digital mono.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1951.
"Suggested by the song 'Singin' in the rain'."
Includes: Musicals great musicals : the Arthur Freed unit at MGM / a production of Alternate Current ... [et al.] in association with BBC Television, La Sept Arte ; directed by David Thompson ; produced by Margaret Smilow ; director of photography, Bill Megalos ; edited by Kate Hirson.
Special features: new 50th anniversary documentary, What a glorious feeling, hosted by Debbie Reynolds; "You are my lucky star" outtake; scoring session music cues; feature-length audio commentary; theatrical trailer; excerpts of Arthur Freed/Nacio Herb Brown songs from originating movies.
English or French with English, French, or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.