Search the Catalog
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Content TypesA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Mary Lahr Schier
- Format Books
- Publication Northfield, MN : Midwest History Press, ©2001.
- 105 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- ISBNs 0967178738, 9780967178738
- OCLC ocm46733897
- "As a young woman, Lavinia Goodell wanted to be a lawver. What a shocking idea in 1858! "I dare not mention it," she once said. With hard work and determination, Lavinia taught herself the law. In the courtroom, she helped women and poor people. Then, one of her cases landed in the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and Lavinia came up against a judge determined to prevent women from practicing law. Would this strong-minded woman backdown?"--BOOK JACKET.
- Includes index.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 96-98) and index.
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.