Music Scores; Microforms
[between 1470 and 1477]
- 1 score (72 unnumbered manuscript leaves)
- 30 French and 14 Italian part-songs; principally for 3 voices (superius, tenor and contratenor)
- Contains works attributed in concordant sources to Barbingant, Bedingham, Fedé, Dufay, Dunstable, Binchois, Frye, Busnois, Caron, Cornago, Hayne van Ghizeghem, Morton, Ockeghem, Vincent, and 23 nonymous pieces.
- "Copied in Savoy; compiled for Jean de Montchenu, a soldier and priest (later Bishop of Viviers)"--Census-catalogue
- Original manuscript held by the Bibliothèque nationale de France, Paris, shelf no. 1.5.13 (2973).
- Census-catalogue of manuscript sources of polyphonic music 1400-1550, III, p. 35.
- Kottick, Edward L. The music of the Chansonnier cordiforme, Paris, Bibliotheque nationale, Rothschild 2973. 1962. Thesis--University of North Carolina.
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page