Search the Catalog
Notice about placing requests
Judicial administration and the common manAmerican Academy of Political and Social Science
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Benjamin Kaplan [and] Livingston Hall
- Format Books; Electronic Resources
- Publication Philadelphia : American Academy of Political and Social Science, 1953.
- Physical Details viii, 243 p. ; 24 cm
- OCLC ocm00234660
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Also issued online.
- Changing popular views about law and lawyers / Willard Hurst -- The inferior criminal courts in action / Morris Ploscowe -- The traffic problem, traffic laws, and traffic courts / James P. Economos -- The small claims court in the District of Columbia / Frank H. Meyers -- Family problems and the court / Earl Lomon Koos -- Labor arbitration and the individual worker / Louis L. Jaffe -- The problem of administering small estates / Paul E. Basye -- Workmen's compensation and the claimant / Samuel B. Horovitz -- Workmen's compensation and the insurance carrier / Leslie P. Hemry -- Accident litigation : the common man sues / Joseph Schneider -- Accident litigation : the insurance carrier defends / Wallace E. Sedgwick -- Automobile accidents and financial responsibility / Franklin J. Marryott -- The jury system in America / Curtis Bok -- A Projected study of the jury as a working institution / Bernard D. Meltzer -- Why the good citizen avoids testifying / A.S. Cutler -- The impact of expense on injury claims / Alfred F. Conard -- Availability of low cost legal services / Emery A. Brownell -- The taxpayers' stake in the courts / Leland L. Tolman -- Expediting trial of cases in New York County / William C. Hecht, Jr. -- Improving the structure of courts / Maxine Boord Virtue -- Work of the modern administrator of courts / Willard G. Woelper -- The essentials of modern reform in the litigative process / Herbert Peterfreund -- The American Bar Association program / Harold J. Gallagher -- Lay assistance in improving judicial administration / Bolitha J. Laws -- Need for continuous study of law in action / Edward S. Greenbaum
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Item Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.