Friends of the Wisconsin Historical Society records, 1950-2003

Friends of the Wisconsin Historical Society

Publication Details Click to collapse Cite/Export

Summary

  • Records of a non-profit corporation which was created in September 1950 to assist the State Historical Society in conserving, advancing, and disseminating knowledge in the field of Wisconsin history. Originally incorporated as the Women's Auxiliary of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin, the name was changed to Friends of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin in 1983 which in turn changed to Friends of the Wisconsin Historical Society in 2001. The records include minutes, original and revised articles of incorporation and by-laws, treasurers' reports, minutes of committee meetings, and a list of its presidents located at the beginning of Volume 3.