Mixed Materials; Photos, Drawings, Prints
- 0.8 c.f. (2 archives boxes) and
- 31 photographs (1 folder)
- Papers of Malcolm P. Hanson, a pioneer radio engineer who was instrumental in the development of University of Wisconsin station WHA, Madison, Wisconsin. Included are correspondence, technical papers, speeches, newspaper clippings, and a memorial volume written by his mother.
- The photographs show radio equipment constructed under Hanson's direction at WHA; broadcasting a basketball game, circa 1922; equipment and outdoor scenes from Admiral Richard Byrd's expedition to Antarctica, 1928-1930, on which Hanson served as chief wireless operator; and a 1945 memorial plaque with photographs of Hanson and others who died in World War II.
- Presented by Lida S. Hanson, New York, N.Y., and Mrs. Malcolm Hanson, Washington, D.C., 1955.
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page