Records, mainly 1960-1985, of one of the oldest churches in Wisconsin. Originally founded in 1835 as the First Presbyterian Church, the congregation became the Union Congregational Church in 1899 and a member of the United Church of Christ in 1964. Included are published histories, microfilmed scrapbooks, anniversary files, and other historical background material; minutes, correspondence, and related files concerning the congregational meetings and the many administrative boards and committees; sermons of Charles L. Bagby and other ministers; treasurers' reports and records; and worship service bulletins and numerous other congregational publications.
The information below has been drawn from sources outside of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries. In most instances, the information will be from sources that have not been peer reviewed by scholarly or research communities. Please report cases in which the information is inaccurate through the Contact Us link below.