Records of the local League of Women Voters (LWV) that was organized as the Dane County League of Women Voters in 1920. In 1927 it became the League of Women Voters of Madison. In 1971 the Madison LWV merged with the League of Women Voters of Middleton (founded in 1958) to become the present organization. Records of all three groups are included, although the Madison League is the most extensively documented. Included are bylaws, annual reports, minutes of the Board of Directors and general membership meetings, financial reports, correspondence of officers, committee and local unit reports, membership materials, publications, and photographs.
Newsletters and the candidate answers regularly published by all three organizations are available on microfilm in the SHSW Library.
Portions placed on deposit by the League, Madison, Wisconsin, via Mrs. Charles Gill; gifted 1961. Additional portions presented by the League, Madison, Wisconsin via Mrs. Walter Fitch, Mrs. Fischmueller, Caroline Wilds, and Mary Bean, 1961-1990.