Mixed Materials; Videos, Slides, Films; Sound Recordings
- 68.4 c.f. (172 archives boxes); plus
- additions of 876.0 c.f. (including papers, film, audio and videorecordings)
- 45 tape recordings, and
- 372 videorecordings, and
- 177 film reels
- Register to the processed portion
- RESTRICTED: Numerous restrictions on use apply to the materials in accession M91-034. They are detailed in the Deed of Gift.
- Papers of David Susskind (1920-1987), a producer, television host, and co-founder/president of the production company, Talent Associates, Ltd. Arranged as alphabetically-ordered subject files, the collection contains a wide variety of material such as correspondence, scripts and drafts, production information, clippings, financial records, and legal material. Much of the collection relates to the award-winning dramatic anthologies and television series with which Susskind was associated. It provides a thorough picture of the business operations of Talent Associates as well as information on Susskind's personal activities and his opinions and interest in the television industry, politics, and events of topical interest.
- Coverage is best for the series "Armstrong Circle Theatre" (CBS), "The David Susskind Show" (Syndicated), "DuPont Show of the Month" (CBS), "East Side/West Side" (CBS), "Mr. Broadway" (CBS), "N.Y.P.D." (ABC), "Open End" (Syndicated), "Special Tonight" (CBS), "Way Out" (CBS), and "Witness" (CBS), and for dramatic specials. Also included are files on Susskind's Broadway productions and on motion pictures such as "All the Way Home" (Paramount, 1963), "Raisin in the Sun" (Columbia, 1961), and "Requiem for a Heavyweight" (Columbia, 1962).
- The collection includes extensive correspondence with prominent individuals in the motion picture and the television industries and in politics and government. It also contains transcripts of several news or interview programs which featured guests such as Marlon Brando, Hubert Humphrey, George Meany, Ambassador Menshikov of the Soviet Union, and Bertrand Russell.
- The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1943-1975, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1935-1987 and are described below.
- The films in this collection also are being cataloged individually.
- Presented and placed on deposit by David Susskind, New York, N.Y., 1964 and 1976.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page