Search the Catalog
Notice about placing requests
Arthur "Dynie" Mansfield collection, 1920-1954Mansfield, Arthur William
- University of Wisconsin. Baseball. -- History.
- University of Wisconsin -- Sports -- History -- 20th century.
- Sports -- Ohio -- History.
- Boxing -- Wisconsin
- Baseball -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- History.
- Baseball -- Wisconsin
- College sports -- Wisconsin -- Madison -- History -- 20th century.
- Physical Education & Training.
Medical Subject Heading
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Format Books
- Physical Details 9 scrapbooks and, 1 archives box
- This collection documents his high school and college sports career with four scrapbooks of clippings and other memorabilia. His success as a baseball coach is documented with five scrapbooks of clippings. These clippings date from 1942-1945 and 1950-1954
- Accession 2012/037 contains correspondence to Ben Guthrie from 1954-1971, 5 letters
Arthur W. “Dynie” Mansfield was born in Cleveland on 30 Nov. 1906 and died in Minoqua in June of 1985. He was an athlete at West Technical High School in Cleveland, Ohio. He earned his B.A. at the University of Wisconsin in 1929 and his M.S. in 1937. He competed in football, baseball, basketball and boxing. He won the heavyweight boxing honors in the All-University of Wisconsin Tournaments in 1928 and 1929. He was captain of the 1929 University of Wisconsin baseball team. He joined the University of Wisconsin physical education staff in 1934 and became baseball coach in 1940. He served as head coach of the baseball team from 1940-1970. Two of his teams, 1946 and 1950, won the Big Ten baseball championship.