The British magazine and general review of the literature employment and amusements of the times
Save to your list
Journals, Magazines, Newspapers
[London, England] : printed for T. Evans in Pater Noster Row, 1772.
Vol. I [January, 1772.-June, 1772.]-vol. II. [July, 1772.-December, 1772.]
- 3 v., plates (some fold.) : ill., ports., maps, tables ; 21 cm (8⁰)
- Subjects and books reviewed in v.1; subjects only in v.2
- With engraved title pages.
- Imprints include year of publication.
- Title repeated as caption and running title in each issue.
- Issue dates repeated on direction line of each signature.
- Printed in two columns.
- Articles on history, literature, the arts, with misc. essays on medicine, biography, anecdotes, poetry. Issues include monthly summary of current events, brief book reviews, parliamentary news, tables of stock and commodity prices. With three essays: The Moralist.
- Reproduction of original from the British Library.
- NCBEL, II:1305
- Crane & Kaye, 68
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCP3413.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Collects, with added prefatory material, monthly issues of: The British magazine and general review.
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page