The False Claims Act and government contracts : the intersection of federal government contracts, administrative law, and civil fraud
Save to your list
Brian A. Hill, Marcia G. Madsen, Gail D. Zirkelbach, editors
Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association,  ©2017
- vi, 218 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
1634259971, 9781634259972, 9781634259989
- "In this book, the authors explore the relationship between federal procurement and the FCA. The chapters describe the regulated nature of government contracting and the players in the policy and enforcement communities who regulate and police government contracts. They also describe the complex process for initiating, litigating, and resolving FCA actions, and how those processes interact with the complexities of performing and closing out government contracts. In addition, they describe the substantive requirements and evolving evidentiary challenges of litigating a FCA case in a government contracts context. Finally, they describe possible modifications to the FCA that have the potential to improve compliance and reduce costs, as well as additional areas of likely FCA enforcement outside of the traditional realms of government contracts and government funded healthcare"--Publisher's website.
- "American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law"--Front cover.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Government contracts : a regulated business relationship / Marcia Madsen and Roger Abbott -- The enforcement community / Lynn Halbrooks and Tim Taylor -- Qui tam relators / Rob Vogel -- Interplay with contractor ethics and compliance programs / Stuart (Stu) B. Nibley and Amy M. Conant -- The decision to file suit / Patricia Davis -- The role of defendants in the DOJ's decision to file an FCA suit or to intervene in a Qui tam suit / Robert K. Huffman -- Threshold defenses / Dave Nadler and Adam Proujansky -- Liability / Marcia G. Madsen and Luke Levasseur -- Evidence / Gail D. Zirkelbach, Jason Crawford, and Megan Weisgerber -- Remedies / Adam P. Feinberg and Brian A. Hill -- Other consequences / Mark B. Sweet, Kara M. Sacilotto, and Kevin J. Maynard -- Settlements under the False Claims Act / Stephen D. Altman and Richard O. Duvall -- Protecting the company / David F. Dowd -- False Claims Act : is a new paradigm needed? / Peter B. Hurt II and Sarah Tremont -- Potential new hot areas to follow : grants and cooperative agreements / Melanie J. Totman
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page