Yachaywasi Films presents ; in association with Ford Foundation/Just Films ; a film directed by Heidi Brandenburg Sierralta, Mathew Orzel ; producer, Taira Akbar
Videos, Slides, Films
[New York, N.Y.] : First Run Features,  ©2016
- 1 videodisc (103 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Peruvian leaders will stop at nothing to keep their respective goals intact. President Alan Garcia begins aggressively extracting oil, minerals, and gas from untouched indigenous Amazonian land. He is quickly met with fierce opposition from the indigenous leader Alberto Pizango. Alberto's passionate speeches against Garcia prove a powerful rallying cry from those of his supporters. When Garcia continues to ignore their pleas, a war of words erupts into deadly violence.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2016.
- DVD format.
- Spanish dialogue with English subtitles.
Related Electronic Resources
- Peoples and markets -- Garcia's government -- Native mobilization -- A militant response -- Escalation of conflict -- Government innaction -- State force and government posturing -- Casualties and hostages -- Who's to blame -- Empty promises and continued repression -- Charges and trial -- The People united
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page