Second thoughts : investor-state arbitration between developed democracies
Save to your list
- Investor State Arbitration between Developed Democracies: A Policy under Challenge (Conference) (2015 : Ottawa, Ont.)
Marc Bungenberg, Charles-Emmanuel Côté, Armand de Mestral, David A. Gantz, Carmen Otero García-Castrillón, Shotaro Hamamoto, Younsik Kim, Céline Lévesque, Robin Morgan, Csongor István Nagy, Luke Nottage, Ucheora Onwuamaegbu, Hugo Perezcano, August Reinisch, David Schneiderman, Lukas Vanhonnaeker ; edited by Armand de Mestral
Waterloo, ON, Canada : Centre for International Governance Innovation,  ©2017
- xv, 534 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- "Investor-state arbitration is a treaty-based form of arbitration by which a state agrees to be the object of a claim in arbitration by a private investor who claims to have suffered financial loss as a result of violation of one or more standards of treatment set out in the treaty. The various authors in this book examine the question of whether investor-state arbitration is appropriate in international trade agreements between developed democracies with robust domestic legal systems"--Provided by publisher.
- A collection of papers presented at the conference: Investor State Arbitration between Developed Democracies : A Policy under Challenge, held in Ottawa, Ontario, on September 25, 2015.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Issued also in electronic format.
- Investor-State Arbitration between Developed Democratic Countries / Armand de Mestral -- European Commission Proposal for an Investment Court System : Out with the Old, In with the New? / Celine Levesque -- Experienced, Developed Democracy : Canada and Investor-State Arbitration / Charles-Emmanuel Cote -- Listening to Investors (and Others) : Audi Alteram Partem and the Future of International Investment Law / David Schneiderman -- Does Canadian Law Provide Remedies Equivalent to NAFTA Chapter 11 Arbitration? / Armand de Mestral and Robin Morgan -- Impact of the NAFTA Experience on Canadian Policy Concerning Investor-State Arbitration / Armand de Mestral and Lukas Vanhonnaeker -- Investor-State Dispute Settlement in US Law, Politics and Practice : The Debate Continues / David A. Gantz -- History of Investment Arbitration and Investor-State Dispute Settlement in Germany / Marc Bungenberg -- Spain and Investment Arbitration :The Renewable Energy Explosion / Carmen Otero Garcia-Castrillon -- Central European Perspectives on Investor-State Arbitration : Practical Experiences and Theoretical Concerns / Csongor Istvan Nagy -- European Union and Investor-State Dispute Settlement : From Investor-State Arbitration to a Permanent Investment Court / August Reinisch -- Investor-State Arbitration Policy and Practice in Australia / Luke Nottage -- Debates in Japan Over Investor-State Arbitration with Developed States / Shotaro Hamamoto -- Investor-State Arbitration in South Korean International Trade Policies : An Uncertain Future, Trapped by the Past / Younsik Kim -- Risks of a Selective Approach to Investor-State Arbitration / Hugo Perezcano -- Limiting the Participation of Developed States : Impacts on Investor-State Arbitration / Ucheora Onwuamaegbu -- Investor-State Arbitration and Its Discontents : Options for the Government of Canada / Armand de Mestral
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page