Search the Catalog
Environmental Sustainability at Historic Sites and MuseumsLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Sarah Sutton
- Format Books
- Publication Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- xix, 208 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- ISBNs 9780759124158, 0759124159, 9780759124431, 0759124434, 9780759124165
- OCLC ocn895301683
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction -- Value : how environmental sustainability strengthens historic sites and museums -- Starting to go green : making choices and facilitating change (Case 1: An historic house museum goes green : how Dumbarton House implemented activities within its staff practices and historic fabric) -- Energy choices -- The idea : environmental sustainability in collections care (Case 2: Minnesota Historical Society, dynamic data, and real-time sustainability) -- Rediscovering connections : buildings, land and water, plants and agriculture, and animals (Case 3: Down on the farm : (re)greening Flannery O'Connor's home place ; Case 4: Green from the ground up : reclaiming our sustainable heritage and cultural landscapes) -- Sharing these connections : historic interpretation and community engagement (Case 5: Sustainability at Wyck) -- Materials : what comes, what goes, what gets recovered, and what gets transformed -- Sustainability policies and planning -- Creating our future -- Conclusion: Sustainable stewardship : what business-as-usual should look like
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.