Search the Catalog
Educational leadership for a more sustainable worldLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Mike Bottery
- Format Books
- Publication London ; New York : Bloomsbury Academic, 2016. ©2016
- ix, 226 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- ISBNs 9781472568267, 1472568265, 9781472568250, 1472568257, 9781472568274, 9781472568281
- OCLC ocn908262377
- "Educational Leadership for a More Sustainable World argues that current crises in educational policies and practice, including the recruitment and retention of educational leaders, ultimately derive from the interactions between four key challenges which also underpin current global and societal issues of sustainability: A culture of consumption; Global energy demands; Climate change; Emerging population patterns. Mike Bottery argues that problems in dealing with these four global challenges, as well as many crises in education, are in large part due to a failure to appreciate their complex interactions and effects, and of the need for sufficiently complex responses. The result is that many policies in many areas hinder rather than facilitate appropriate solutions. However, by showing that the dynamics of crises in educational sustainability have many similarities to those of global systems, this book argues that the adoption of a number of core practices and values can help educational leaders develop greater sustainability, not only in their own area of activity but can also help them make a valuable contribution to greater sustainability at the global level as well."--
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Related Electronic Resources
- Preface -- Part One. Describing and identifying the problems. 1. Leading sustainability, sustaining leadership -- 2. The meanings of sustainability and the dynamics of its decline -- 3. Tame, wicked and humble leadership -- 4. Efficiency, sufficiency and educational leadership -- Part Two. Global drivers of unsustainability. 5. Cultures of economic growth and consumption -- 6. Global energy challenges -- 7. Climate change and the assessment of evidence -- 8. Emerging population patterns: impacts and responses -- Part Three. Towards a leadership for sustainability. 9. Securing educational sustainability in a wicked world -- 10. The leadership of well-being -- 11. The futures of educational leadership
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.