Search the Catalog
Water ecosystem services : a global perspectiveLogin to Save
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Julia Martin-Ortega, Robert C. Ferrier, Iain J. Gordon, Shahbaz Khan
- Format Books
- Publication Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- xi, 174 pages ; 29 cm
- ISBNs 9781107100374, 1107100372
- OCLC ocn893389664
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Introduction / Robert C. Ferrier -- 2. What defines ecosystem services-based approaches? / Kirsty L. Holstead -- pt. I Addressing global challenges -- 3. Assessing climate change risks and prioritising adaptation options using a water ecosystem services-based approach / Stuart E. Bunn -- 4. Operationalizing an ecosystem services-based approach for managing river biodiversity / Margaret A. Palmer -- 5. Water for agriculture and energy: the African quest under the lenses of an ecosystem services-based approach / Alba Martinez -- pt. II Applying frameworks for water management and biodiversity conservation under an ecosystem services-based approach -- 6. Using ecosystem services-based approaches in Integrated Water Resources Management: perspectives from the developing world / Jan Cherlet
- 7. Implementation of the European Water Framework Directive: what does taking an ecosystem services-based approach add? / Chris J. Spray -- 8. How useful to biodiversity conservation are ecosystem services-based approaches? / Craig Leisher -- pt. III Assessing water ecosystem services -- 9. The first United Kingdom's National Ecosystem Assessment and beyond / Ian J. Bateman -- 10. Using an ecosystem services-based approach to measure the benefits of reducing diversions of freshwater: a case study in the Murray-Darling basin, Australia / Carmel A. Pollino -- 11. An ecosystem services-based approach to integrated regional catchment management: the South East Queensland experience / Shannon Mooney -- 12. Policy support systems for the development of benefit-sharing mechanisms for water-related ecosystem services / Jorge Leon Sarmiento
- 13. Assessing biophysical and economic dimensions of societal value: an example for water ecosystem services in Madagascar / Glenn-Marie Lange -- 14. Rapid land use change impacts on coastal ecosystem services: a South Korean case study / Min Gon Chung -- pt. IV Broadening the perspective -- 15. Ecosystem services-based approaches to water management: what opportunities and challenges for business? / Charles Germaneau -- 16. Key factors for successful application of ecosystem services-based approaches to water resources management: the role of stakeholder participation / Dylan Bright -- 17. Cultural ecosystem services, water, and aquatic environments / Lee Stapleton -- 18. The psychological dimension of water ecosystem services / Blanca Fraijo-Sing -- 19. The interface between human rights and ecosystem services / Stephen J. Turner -- 20. Water ecosystem services: moving forward / Iain J. Gordon
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.