Find information on spaces, staff, and services.
Records of a federation of cooperatives established in 1916 as the Cooperative League of America for the purpose of promoting cooperation and achieving common goals such as informing and influencin...
Records of a federation of cooperatives established in 1916 as the Cooperative League of America for the purpose of promoting cooperation and achieving common goals such as informing and influencing law makers, providing education and training for cooperative leaders, and ensuring the health and survival of cooperatives through offering technical assistance and guidance. The microfilm covers 1943-1962 and includes minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, financial proposals and reports, and reports of the Executive Secretary, reports concerning special projects.
Additional accessions contain similar materials plus proceedings of conferences and institutes (including CLUSA's biennial congress); files of Executive Secretary Jerry Voorhis and of Hayes Beall, director of educational services; files on the institutes of modern management (1948-1962), Rochdale Institute, United Housing Fund, Friends of the Coop Bank, International Cooperative Training Center which was funded by the Agency for International Development, and Co-op News Service (1952-1957); and numerous CLUSA publications. The collection also includes the files of Donald D. Martin concerning the Rochdale Institute (bylaws and articles, correspondence, and minutes dating 1938 to 1982) and David Gold's files on the Friends of the Coop Bank.