Mixed Materials; Microforms; Sound Recordings; Photos, Drawings, Prints
- 2.2 c.f. (1 record center carton, 3 archives boxes, and 1 flat box)
- 2 reels of microfilm (35mm)
- 32 film reels
- 3 tape recordings, and
- photographs; plus
- additions of 5.4 c.f., and
- Register to the processed portion
- Papers of a versatile film historian, teacher, and critic who was also a writer, designer, producer, and director of educational, experimental, and dramatic motion pictures and plays. Included are biographical materials and clippings; incoming and outgoing correspondence (available only on microfilm); scripts, storyboards (available on film and as hard copy), photographs, and other production materials for motion pictures and plays that Jacobs designed or wrote including "Sweet Love, Bitter" (1965) and "Shootin' Star" (1946); short articles and reviews on film history and criticism; and miscellany.
- The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1930-1986, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date ca. 1934-1989 and are described below.
- Portions available only on microfilm; other portions available both on microfilm and as hard copy.
- Presented by Lewis Jacobs, Great Neck, New York, 1983.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page