Records of a Janesville, Wis. business credited as one of the oldest church furniture firms in the country. Originally founded in Milwaukee in 1867, the company relocated to Janesville in 1935. A production plant was opened in Virginia and, by 1947, orders for church furniture were coming in from every state. The collection consists primarily of undated blueprints and sketches of furniture designs, and promotional and sales material containing images of a variety of furniture pieces designed and manufactured by the firm, as well as images of identified church interiors containing Ossit pieces. Photographs of church interiors, individual pieces, and closeups of wood carvings and statues are present. Other papers include charts of sales statistics, 1947-1982, a promotional letter, a closing equipment inventory, and a news article written when the company closed in 1983.