Mixed Materials; Microforms; Sound Recordings; Videos, Slides, Films
- 14.0 c.f. (36 archives boxes and 1 flat box)
- 2 disc recordings
- 1 reel of microfilm (35mm), and
- 207 films; plus
- additions of
- 4.0 c.f
- Register to the processed portion
- Papers of a writer-director-producer of comedy for radio and television, including correspondence, scripts, and production materials. From Hiken's early career in radio are scripts and recordings for "The Fred Allen Show" (NBC and CBS), scripts for "The Grouch Club" and "The Magnificent Montague" (CBS), and scripts and production information for "The Milton Berle Show" (NBC and CBS). Television files include correspondence, production and financial information, produced and unproduced scripts, and films for "The Phil Silvers Show" ("You'll Never Get Rich," CBS), "Car 54, Where Are You?" (NBC), "Four Star Revue," the "Martha Raye Show," and other series and specials. Smaller files include general papers, unproduced motion picture scripts, and scripts for four Broadway plays and several night club acts.
- The processed portion is summarized above and is described in the register. Additional film accessions are described below.
- The films in this collection also are being cataloged individually.
- Portions of this collection are available only on microfilm.
- Presented by Ambur Hiken, Los Angeles, California, 1970 and 1989.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page