Mixed Materials; Microforms; Photos, Drawings, Prints
- 12.0 c.f. (29 archives boxes, 2 cartons, and 1 package) and
- 1 reel of microfilm (35mm); plus
- additions of 1.1 c.f. and
- 2 reels of microfilm (35mm)
- Register to the processed portion
- Papers of a novelist, playwright, and writer of motion picture screenplays. Much of the collection consists of progressive drafts of her novels "A Chosen Sparrow" (1964), "The Man Who Loved His Wife" (1966), and "The Rosecrest Cell" (1968). Motion picture files include scripts and revisions, story ideas sold to studios, clippings, printed matter, and photographs for such films as "Laura" (20th Century-Fox, 1944), "Les Girls" (MGM, 1957), and "Letter to Three Wives" (20th Century-Fox, 1948). Writing for other media is less well represented but there are two television pilots; several short stories; and drafts of "Geraniums in My Window" (1934), a play written with Samuel B. Ornitz; "The Husband" (1957); and "Wedding in Paris" (1954). Two boxes of correspondence contain exchanges with studio executives and literary agents and include some contracts.
- The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1929-1981, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1928-1984 and are described below.
- Portions of this collection are available only on microfilm.
- Presented by Vera Caspary, Beverly Hills, California, 1963-1983.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page