Mixed Materials; Sound Recordings; Videos, Slides, Films
- 39.0 c.f. (31 record center cartons and 20 archives boxes)
- 1 tape recording
- 15 films, and
- 107 videorecordings; plus
- additions of 1.0 c.f
- Register to the processed portion
- PHOTOCOPY AND USE RESTRICTION: These materials may not be photocopied for any purpose nor may they be used for any public, non-academic, or commercial publications without the permission of the donor.
- Scripts of television series, pilots, and specials produced by MTM Enterprises, one of the leading independent production companies for television during the 1970s and 1980s. MTM Enterprises was organized in 1970 by Grant Tinker, a television executive and director, and actress Mary Tyler Moore, who starred in the company's first show, "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." That series was typical of MTM's realistic and literate situation comedy and dramatic shows, many of which have won Emmy awards.
- The collection consists of scripts and films of numerous episodes and pilots for such MTM series as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "The Betty White Show," "The Bob Crane Show," "The Bob Newhart Show," "Doc," "The Last Resort," "Lou Grant," "Mary," "Paris," "Phyllis," "Rhoda," "The Texas Wheelers," "Three for the Road," "The Tony Randall Show," "The White Shadow," "We've Got Each Other," and "WKRP in Cincinnati." Also included are scripts for such series as "Bay City Blues," "The Duck Factory," "Friends and Lovers," "Hill Street Blues," "The Mary Show," "The Mary Tyler Moore Comedy Hour," "Newhart," "Remington Steele," and "St. Elsewhere"; pilot episodes of "Arthur Among the Animals," "Bachelor at Law," "Going Home Again," and "Home Again,"; a tape recording of the theme music from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"; and videotapes of specials including "The Boy Who Drank Too Much," "The Critical List," "The Mary Tyler Moore Hour," "Nowhere to Run," "Something for Joey," and "Vampire."
- The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1970-1989 and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1989-1990 and are described below.
- The films and videorecordings in this collection also are being cataloged separately.
- Placed on deposit by MTM Enterprises, Inc., Studio City, California, 1975-1989.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page