Mixed Materials; Microforms; Photos, Drawings, Prints
- 5.4 c.f. (13 archives boxes, 1 oversize folder) and
- 1 reel of microfilm (35mm)
- Papers of a costume and set designer for motion pictures and theater. Comprising the majority of the collection are sketches, designs, photographs, fabric samples, notes, and scripts. Of the 18 motion pictures and 27 plays represented, best coverage is provided for "Alexander the Great" (UA, 1956), "Island in the Sun" (20th Century-Fox, 1959), "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (20th Century-Fox, 1959), "Where's Charley?" (both the 1947 play and the 1952 Warner Brothers film), and several Shakespearean plays. Miscellaneous papers include awards, clippings and scrapbooks (available on microfilm), correspondence, programs, unidentified designs, and articles about the London stage and Ffolkes' Shakespearean work.
- Portions available only on microfilm.
- Presented by J. Homery Folkes, Hagley, Stourbridge, England, 1977.
Related Electronic Resources
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page