Search the Catalog
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Content TypesA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Eleanor Catton
- Format Books
- Publication First United States edition. New York : Little, Brown and Company, 2013.
- 834 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- ISBNs 9780316074315, 0316074314
- OCLC ocn827082565
- This novel is a murder mystery set in a remote gold-mining frontier town in 19th-century New Zealand. Arriving in New Zealand in 1866 a weary Englishman, Walter Moody, lands in a gold-mining frontier town on the coast of New Zealand to make his fortune and forever leave behind his family's shame. On arrival, he stumbles across a tense gathering of twelve local men who have met in secret to investigate what links three crimes that occurred on a single day, events in which each man finds himself implicated in some way. Moody finds himself drawn into a series of unsolved crimes and complex mysteries.
- "Originally published in Great Britain by Granta Books, August 2013."--Verso of title page.
- A sphere within a sphere -- Auguries - The house of self-undoing -- Paenga-wha-wha -- Weight and lucre -- The widow and the weeds -- Domicile -- The truth about Aurora -- Mutable Earth -- Matters of succession -- Orion sets when Scorpio rises -- The old moon in the young moon's arms
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.