Monde Films ; scenario, Jocelyn Demers ; director, Jocelyn Demers ; production, Jocelyn Demers, Monde Films
Videos, Slides, Films
[Vancouver, B.C.] : Monde Films,  ©2013
- 1 videodisc (62 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Brian Campbell, Dr. J. Javier Quezada-Euan
- Camera, Erich Briehl, Steve Kocsis ; photographers, Jocelyn Demers, Lewis Hadad, Temmuz Arsiray ; editor, Jocelyn Demers ; music, Neosounds
- "From the semi deciduous forest of Mexico to the farm lands and cities of North America, learn how successful beekeepers overcome challenges and develop sustainable practices to improve the quality and quantity of bee populations. This documentary offers several practical solutions. These include: utilizing the biodiversity of plants, mass plantings of protein rich flowers, Queen bee mating yards, how to fight bee parasites and diseases without chemicals and antibiotics and finally, how beekeepers work successfully with productive and resistant Africanized bees. Saving the Life Keepers is a visual delight for the eyes and reveals how local citizens, farmers, small and large businesses as well as beekeepers can help protect and preserve bee populations throughout the world. A humanistic adventure based on the extraordinary realities of the present, this documentary marks the way to sustain the future for generations of people and bees yet to come"--Container.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Actual running time: 65 min.
- Includes theatrical trailer.
- Originally released in 2013.
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- In English, with optional English subtitles.
- Urban farming -- Looking at a queen -- Bee happiness -- Importation -- Migratory pollination -- Wax and honeycomb -- Feeding the bees -- Chef and beekeeper -- The great queens -- Beescaping -- Cooking with honey -- Native bees -- Communication -- Diseases and health -- Farming with the bees -- Bee aware of nature -- Tropical beekeeping -- Africanised bees -- Honey extraction -- Biodiversity -- Agriculture -- Mayan traditions -- Diseases and health -- The local honey
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page