Kadokawa Pictures ; director, Akira Kurosawa
Videos, Slides, Films
[Irvington, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 2012.
- 1 DVD (88 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet
- Toshiro Mifune, Machiko Kyo, Masayuki Mori
- Satsuei, Miyagawa Kazuo ; bijutsu, Matsuyama Takashi ; ongaku, Hayasaka Fumio
- A riveting psychological thriller that investigates the nature of truth and the meaning of justice, widely considered one of the greatest films ever made. Four people recount different versions of the story of a man's murder and the rape of his wife. This eloquent masterwork and international sensation revolutionized film language and introduced Japanese cinema, and a commanding new star.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1950.
- Release date: Nov. 6, 2012.
- Special features: audio commentary by Japanese-film historian, Donald Richie, interview with director Robert Altman about Rashomon, excerpts from The world of Kazuo Miyagawa, a documentary ; a testimony as an image, a sixty-eight-minute documentary ; archival audio interview with actor Takashi Shimura ; original and release trailers.
- NTSC, region 1, (1.33:1) aspect ratio; Dolby Digital.
- Japanese or dubbed English dialogue; English subtitles.
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page