Search the Catalog
Geomorphometry : concepts, software, applicationsLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Tomislav Hengl, Hannes I. Reuter
- Format Books
- Publication First edition. Amsterdam ; Oxford : Elsevier, 2009.
- 1 online resource (xxix, 765 pages) : illustrations, maps
- ISBNs 9780123743459, 0123743451
- OCLC ocn370435431
- Geomorphometry is the science of quantitative land-surface analysis. It draws upon mathematical, statistical, and image-processing techniques to quantify the shape of earth's topography at various spatial scales. The focus of geomorphometry is the calculation of surface-form measures (land-surface parameters) and features (objects), which may be used to improve the mapping and modelling of landforms to assist in the evaluation of soils, vegetation, land use, natural hazards, and other information. This book provides a practical guide to preparing Digital Elevation Models (DEM) for analysis and extracting land-surface parameters and objects from DEMs through a variety of software. It further offers detailed instructions on applying parameters and objects in soil, agricultural, environmental and earth sciences. This is a manual of state-of-the-art methods to serve the various researchers who use geomorphometry.
- "Provides a practical guide to preparing DEMs [Digital Elevation Models] for analysis and to extracting land surface parameters and objects from DEMs through a variety of software"--Back cover.
- "European Commission, Directorate General, Joint Research Centre, IES, Institute for Environment and Sustainability"--Back Cover.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 653-694) and index.
- Geomorphometry: a brief guide -- Mathematical and digital models of the land surface -- DEM production methods and sources -- Preparation of DEMs for geomorphometric analysis -- Geostatistical simulation and error propagation in geomorphometry -- Basic land-surface parameters -- Land-surface parameters and objects in hydrology -- Land-surface parameters specific to topo-climatology -- Landforms and landform elements in geomorphometry -- Overview of software packages used in geomorphometry -- Geomorphometry in ESRI packages -- Geomorphometry in SAGA -- Geomorphometry in ILWIS -- Geomorphometry in LandSerf -- Geomorphometry in MicroDEM -- Geomorphometry in TAS GIS -- Geomorphometry in GRASS GIS --Geomorphometry in RiverTools -- Geomorphometry : a key to landscape mapping and modelling -- Soil mapping applications -- Vegetation mapping applications -- Geomorphometry and spatial hydrologic modelling -- Applications in meteorology --Applications in geomorphology -- Applications in Precision Agriculture -- Modelling mass movements and landslide susceptibility -- Automated predictive mapping of ecological entities -- The future of geomorphometry
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Online Resources...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.